Illyriad is a free-to-play, real-time, browser-based Massively-Multiplayer fantasy strategy game. The Kingdom of Illyriad is an exciting world of opportunities and challenges where you build your empire from scratch in the manner of your own choosing. City building, war, trade, diplomacy, research and quests in a persistent interactive world with countries, factions and geographical environments. Fully interactive and richly detailed game world of over 4 million squares
Illyriad is a free to play online browser game that you can play using your Facebook account, all you have to do is use the option to play with Facebook account when you enter the games main page, its located in the bottom of the page.
Now all you have to do is to choose your character, from several classes like human or elf, and your gender, choose a name and you are ready to play.
Illyriad features an excellent tutorial, the interface is really good, and if you follow the tutorial with some attention you learn all the gameplay basics you need.
Illyriad is a strategy game, and you have all the option one can expect from this type of game, lots of things to build, lots of management, lots of resources, etc…
The game as so many features and tweaks that becomes difficult to embrace them all in one review, the best thing is really head on to it, if you like the genre, and play and decide for youself.
Illyriad features two types of monetization, Facebook credits and prestige credits, this allow for some extra stuff like complete all construction orders in town or get +20% production bonus on one resource among other options.
There are a lot of variables in Illyriad, from military development, to trading and magic you will have plenty to work around if you want to succeed.
The main features are:
- Free-to-play and no downloads, each server has a capacity of over 60,000 simultaneous competing players
- Fully interactive and richly detailed gameworld
- Hundreds of military units; and multiple military strategies
- Including: Infantry, Spearmen, Cavalry, Archers and Siege engines
- Full technology tree of over 290 research options
- Rich set of “diplomatic” options
– Including: Spying, counter-intelligence, theft, sabotage and assassination
- Multiple races to choose from, each with race-specific abilities
– Dwarves, Elves, Humans and Orcs
- Dozens of unique spells to cast
- Simple-to-use but powerful trading system
- Powerful alliance management system to help you build and sustain your empire with other players
- Over 90 factions – each with their own agendas.
Tips and Tricks
How to play Illyriad Guide
Basically all you have to do is follow the tutorial to learn the game basics, read the pop-up help, and pay attention to the bold text.
This is the map screen, where you can see your initial city, and its surroundings.
You learn about resources, and how to move between the various options of the game, in this case the town screen.
Research is a very important thing in Illyriad, as it will unlock new technologies and new buildings for you to build.
Building is essential, and there are lots of buildings with different uses to build, each requires a certain amount of resources.
After you finish building your Library you can do research, which is essential to the development of your empire, it allows you to discover different building type, diplomacy, weapons etc…
From now on, you just have to explore, if you have any questions don’t mind asking here, or sharing your knowledge.
Also check the game forum here.
You have additional info? Share it using the comments!
Keep coming back, as we are always updating!!